Mastectomy 1st Night at Home Set
That all important mastectomy pillow for pain relief PLUS the front opening shirt for something to wear with sore chest muscles PLUS drain pockets for the surgical drains - all you need for that first night at home after breast cancer surgery like a mastectomy, lumpectomy or breast reconstruction. One set includes 1 pillow (size and design of your choice), 1 shirt (size and color of your choice) and 2 detachable drain pockets.
- helps you remember that you're not alone, that you are loved, and that you are supported by all breast cancer survivors
- provides awesome wonderful support to the sore achy chest and shoulder muscles, bringing more pain relief often then drugs, just like a tensor bandage does to a sprained ankle ... suggestions are included on how to use the pillows for support and relieve discomfort.
- relieves the achyness in the arm caused by lymphedema (often a side effect from the breast cancer surgery). Part of the reason why to keep those mastectomy heart pillows on hand as nobody knows when or if it will occur.
- fills in the space left empty after a mastectomy, and serves as a "donut" around the breast that had the lumpectomy or breast reconstruction, giving you a more comfortable rest when lying on your side.
- sits almost effortlessly under the armpit with no need for a strap or ribbon to hold it in place
- works wonderfully as a cushion as well between your sore chest and the seat belt
The Front of the Pillow
- 100% good quality cool cotton, offered in a variety of colours
and designs you can choose from.
- large pillow is 13 inches X 12 inches and has a "u" shaped opening
for the larger arm, small pillow is 9 1/2 Inches wide and 10 1/2 Inches high, with a "V" shaped top for the small to average size arm
The Back of the Pillow
- 100% soft cuddly warm non pill fleece for when you want warmth
- colours that match the design of the cotton front of the pillow.
- has a pocket to insert a warming pad or ice pack for achy sore muscles
The Stuffing in the Pillow
- polyester fiberfill is inside
- is a standardized weight to ensure ALL pillows have exactly the right amount of fiberfill to provide the necessary support .... Not too overstuffed, not under stuffed, but just the right amount of stuffing to provide the necessary support
- is totally washable.
Where the Pillow is Made
- each pillow is designed, sewn, and stuffed in Canada, supported with a legal content label sewn into the seam of the pillow.
Front Opening Shirt
- Front opening, easy to get into and out of
- Long enough to use as a nightie when you find it hard to lift your arms
- Use during the day when you need something to wear that fits over the bandages
- Does not look medicinal
- Comes with 2 pockets (1 package contains 2 pockets), extra pockets can be purchased in the mastectomy gift ideas section)
- Snaps are easy to open and close
- Colors are cheery and 12 to choose from
- Easy to wash
- Not a large extra expense
- A t-shirt you can use for years after you no longer need a drain bulb pocket because the pocket is detachable
- Made of preshrunk 100% cotton (the grey and the pink have some polyester in them),
- Tshirt size measurements are for the chest from one side seam to another just under the arm, and the length taken from the back neck down the center back:
large - chest 41 inches, length 28 1/2 inches;
xl - chest 45 inches, length 30 inches;
2x - chest 50 inches, length 31 inches;
3x- chest 56 inches, length 32 3/4 inches
Pink Pockets Pocket
- is a detachable fabric pocket that attaches to the shirt with tape, no sewing required
- attach the pocket to the side and height you need for the surgical drain bulbs
- holds 2 drains comfortable
- can be removed from clothing when drains have been removed
- can be washed
- there are 2 Pink Pockets pockets in each package.